Saturday, June 30, 2007

What ELSE I did while in school

I just thought this might be a fun quick exercise, if nothing else for amusement/history - but also to perhaps demonstrate the "flexibility" benefit of going online, especially with a few things falling into the "life happens" category!

Roughly chronologically...
  • Traveled out-of-town to see family for the Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc) routinely, almost always submitting a quiz or final while I was there (funny how that worked out...)
  • Got a new job with a new company
  • Moved across the country for said job (in the middle of Marketing), including selling a house, etc.
  • Went to a funeral back across the country (worked on a module & case competition)
  • Spent 2 weeks in India on business (and turned in a quiz overlooking the Arabian Sea ;-) ...)
  • Had a baby (well, my wife did ;-) ...) in the middle of the last class (read a module & case waiting in the hospital).
  • Baby had brain surgery (youch!) the day before faux-graduation (didn't go, needless to say! She's okay; more on her here if interested)
  • Did the whole "newborn" thing while finishing up the capstone course for the last few weeks.
I know many others who traveled quite a bit more than I, and I wasn't the only one to move mid-class (though I can't say I recommend it), have a baby, attend an out-of-state funeral for a relative, or have their child have surgery, all while in school. But - there ya have it!

Oh - the one thing I didn't do while in school (except while on summer break)? Go on vacation. ;-)

3 comments:

Michael said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this MBA blog very often.

Accredited Online Colleges said...

Hey, Really great work,I would like to join your blog anyway so please continue sharing with us,

Distance MBA said...

Awesome blog by author, I ready many blog to related this topic but when i read this blog than i realize that my search is end for Distance MBA blogs.
Thanks for share such a nice post
Distance MBA